As of March 2014, there are no Luxury Hotels on the Nilachal Hills on which Kamakhya Temple is located. All you can get there are lodges and rest houses.
However, tourists can avail luxury facilities by staying in the town of Guwahati.
Below are few luxury Hotels in the Guwahati. The list below is not exhaustive and you are advised to google out for more information about hotels in Guwahati.
- Hotel Nova, S.S. Road (Fancy Bazaar), ☎ +91 361 251 9465,. A decent mid-range choice, it is centrally located, reasonably clean and friendly, and has a good restaurant on site. Hot running water, TV with satellite connection, same-day laundry available. www.novahotel.in Rs 1190-1,790, A/C rooms Rs 1,570-2,170.
- Hotel Brindavan, Rs 500-3,500 . www.hotelbrindavan.com , phone 0361-2912222/23
- Hotel Rialto, (nearby Pan Bazaar). Rs 1,000-1,800
- Hotel mahalaxmi, Rs 850-1,850 . www.hotelmahalaxmi.com
- Hotel Dynasty, S.S. Road (Lakhotia), ☎ +91 361 251 6021, Centrally located, warm and comfortable, and the staff are friendly. Tandoor is one of the two in-house restaurants, and a good place to splurge on food in the city, with live music in the evenings. Rooms Rs 3400-5000, Suites Rs 8000-15,000.